Sometimes, especially on Android, fixing issues is not that easy and some more information is needed from the user, because of that, starting from version 1.80 ZW includes a “debug mode” to help collecting log data. This facility is available on both free and pro releases.
In order to activate it please proceed as follows:
- Enter the main configuration from the Launcher icon (on the application list, not by clicking a widget)
- Long press the “Email developer” preference a message will appear saying “Debug mode set to: true”
- Reproduce the issue you are having
- Just after the issue, go back to the config and press (normally) “Email developer”, a report id will be added to the email and a report will be sent in the background. Only application data will be added, no personal information or data from any other app will be included.
- After sending the email just go back to preferences (always from launcher), long press again the “Email developer” option and wait for the “Debug mode set to: false” message to appear. This will completely deactivate the debug going back to the original configuration.
You can keep debug mode always on if you want, from a resource point of view it won’t hurt much. Logs can also be collected with ADB, if youprefer , but only after debug mode has been activated, this is however more advanced.
P.S. if you are reading this, thanks for your support fixing the issue!!!